Chick-Fil-A Florence Athletic Hall Of Fame
"Curtis" Lynn Hudson• 1979 Graduate of Wilson High School
• 1984 Graduate of Francis Marion University with a B.S. degree in History
• As a Senior he was the Most Valuable Player on Wilson HS baseball team
• Member of the Newberry College baseball team in 1980
• Member of the Francis Marion baseball team 1981-83
• Began coaching career in Princeton (NC) as Asst. Baseball Coach for pitching where they made the State Playoffs twice and then to South Johnston High School (NC) where he served as Head JV Baseball Coach, Asst. Varsity for Pitching, JV and Head Basketball Coach and Asst. Coach in Cross Country. While at Johnston HS, they were JV Baseball Conference Champions seven times, made the varsity playoffs six times and were 1990- 3A State Champions, finished fourth in the Cross Country State in 1992 & 1993 and sent 15 baseball players to college or professional ranks.
• While he was the Head Baseball Coach at Wilson High School 1994-2004, they went to the State Playoffs 3 times, were 2001 Region Champions, made the final eight twice and were State 3A Champions in 2002. He was 3A Region and State Coach of the Year in 2002. From Wilson HS during his tenure, 10 players have gone on to play collegiate baseball.
• Served as an Asst. Coach in varsity basketball at Wilson where they won the Region four times, competed in the state playoffs eight times and final four twice
• Florence American Legion Baseball head coach in 1999 and 2001 and finished State Runner-up both years. Assistant coach in 2000 when team made it to the final eight.
• Served as Associate Scout for Cleveland Indians from 2003-2005
• In 2002 & 2003, he served as Pitching Assistant Coach for Florence RedWolves Summer Collegiate Baseball Team where they won 26 games, most in team’s history and in 2003, won 30 games along with First Half Southern Division Championship and second place in Coastal Plains League Tournament.
• Coached Florence Thunder Fall Select Baseball team pitchers and defense 1998-2000 and 2002-2003
• Developed baseball program at Florence-Darlington Technical College as their first Head Baseball Coach and had two players named All –American. Was named Region X “Coach of the Year”. In only their second year, FDTC won 41 games and the Region X Season Championship.
• While teaching at Wilson HS, he was also the FCA sponsor, Character Education Rep and on the Principal’s Advisory Council. He was the 1998 Time Warner Cable “Star Teacher for South Carolina”, 2001 “Teacher of the Year” chosen by the faculty and by the students and was nominated in 2004-2006 for Who’s Who among High School Teachers.